The aroma of a hot steak most likely makes your mouth water. Steak is juicy and delicious, whether you eat it during a nice romantic dinner or in a fun and casual setting. But what if you’re hungry for steak when you don’t have a stove or a grill handy? Or you just don’t feel like making that jaunt to the steak house?
Why not quickly and easily cook up that steak in an electric skillet?
I have a recipe for cooking two steaks, served with a savory herb butter. This electric skillet steak is ideal for a special evening with your significant other, or when you have a good friend over for company. Feeding the family? Double or triple the recipe.
Here are some steak-cooking temperatures that you might find handy:
|Medium well:||150°-155°F (65°-69°C)|
|Well done:||160°-175°F (71°C)|
If medium-rare isn’t for you, you can adjust the cooking time for a steak that’s more rare, or more well-done. You can also try varying the seasonings used in the herb butter and come up with a unique combination of your own choosing.
This steak could also be served with a sauce, such as a barbecue sauce or steak sauce. Serve this steak with mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, rice, salad, stir-fried veggies or anything else that sounds appetizing.
Have you tried cooking steak in an electric skillet? What sauces and seasonings did you experiment with? You can check out our reviews for electric skillets here.
Electric Skillet Steak
- 2 strip steaks of your choice - @ approximately 4 oz each
- 2 tbsp. butter - softened
- 1 tsp. Italian herbs
- Salt & pepper - to taste
- Season the meat with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine the butter with the herbs and mix until well combined. Refrigerate.
- Preheat skillet over high heat, 400ºF. When the skillet light goes off (meaning it has reached the right temp.), place the steaks in the skillet.
- Cook on one side until browned. Once it browns, it will loosen from the pan.
- Flip over and brown the other side (approximately 1-2 minutes per side).
- Serve with the herb butter.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.
Looking for a fun, fruity drink? Try our Spring White Wine Sangria with Fresh Peppermint