Electric Skillet Spaghetti
Everyone loves a good plate of spaghetti. Red sauce, white sauce, and everything in between; it's all delicious. But what do you do when you're short on time, short on stove space, and short on patience?
Enter the lauded one pot meal. Even something as delicious as chicken Alfredo with spaghetti can be prepared in a single pan without compromising its flavor, saving you time while not skimping on the flavor.
Today, we'll teach you a simple and fantastic recipe for chicken Alfredo that only uses a single skillet from start to finish. Even better, this recipe uses an electric skillet, simplifying the process further by eliminating the need for a conventional heat source altogether.
Feeling doubtful? Then read on to see just how easy electric skillet spaghetti really is, then taste just how amazing it turns out to be.
Electric Skillet Spaghetti
- 1 lb. chicken breast - skinless and boneless
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. garlic - minced
- 4 cups chicken broth - preferably low-sodium
- 1 pkg. spaghetti - about 1 lb.
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup Parmesan - freshly grated (plus more for serving)
- ¼ cup fresh basil - chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1-inch pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in the electric skillet at 350°F. Add the chicken and sauté for 5 mins.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth, and scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen up all of the caramelized bits.
- Add the spaghetti noodles. Cover and simmer until the pasta has softened, about 15 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to 250°F. Add the cream and the Parmesan and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl and sprinkle with the basil, if desired. Serve hot and add extra Parmesan at the table.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or dipping sauce.
Now you've got everything you need to make a nutritious and delicious meal all in a single electric skillet. Electric skillet spaghetti is a simple dish that only requires a few good ingredients to cook, making it a perfect weeknight dinner that still feels like a special occasion.
If you have yet to purchase an electric frying pan, you can browse some of our top reviews here.
That's not all, though. The skills you learned here are super easy to apply elsewhere. There are tons of ways to make pasta in an electric skillet work for you with numerous sauces, meats, herbs, and spices you can add without ever risking getting bored. Try out something new every night if you like knowing that it'll come out delicious every time at half the effort of a traditional cooking method.