Who doesn’t love a good meatloaf? Hardly anything rings more American than a traditional meatloaf with a side of potatoes. The great part about meatloaf is that it has numerous varieties and even though the general concept is the same, everyone has preferred additions to make it their own.
This particular recipe is for an electric skillet meatloaf! If you’re new to the concept of baking meatloaf in an electric skillet, then you’ve come to the right place!
Using the electric skillet not only cuts down on extra heat in your kitchen, but it also gives you the option of cooking vegetables right alongside the meatloaf for enhanced flavor.
This particular recipe calls for button mushrooms added in around the meatloaf and topped with a ketchup mixture.
It may initially seem daunting to use your electric skillet rather than the oven to bake your meatloaf, but you’ll likely be hooked once you try it!
Using the electric skillet could help keep your house cool in the summer months, it could conserve electricity by heating a far smaller element, and it can free your oven for other dishes if needed.
Additionally, the electric skillet will keep your meatloaf warm while you serve. In the end, the process of preparing the meatloaf isn’t that different from a typical recipe, and yet, there are several more benefits to enjoy.
Now, are you eager to bake meatloaf in an electric skillet? What other ground beef recipes have you tried in your skillet? We’d love to know what you think in the comments, and please share the article if you found it valuable!
Electric Skillet Meatloaf
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 yellow onion - chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup dried Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 pound button mushrooms - sliced
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef with the egg, worcestershire, onion, milk, bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine the ketchup, mustard and brown sugar.
- Set the electric skillet temperature dial to 250°F. Melt the margarine in the skillet.
- Form the meatloaf into a loaf shape and place the meatloaf in the skillet. Surround the meatloaf with the sliced mushrooms. Pour the ketchup mixture over the meatloaf and mushrooms.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.
HUNGRY FOR MORE? CHECK OUT:
I made it. It tastes good but it looks horrible. I wasn't able to form it because it was so moist.
I’m sorry to hear that you couldn’t form it. If it ends up too moist or not forming, add more breadcrumbs and an egg if needed.
I would have never thought you could do it in electric pan. It’s the best meatloaf I ever had
Thanks Marshall! That’s so nice to hear. You would be amazed at what you can make in an electric skillet.
What can i sub for milk in recipe meatloaf
Hi Amita, you can try using other liquids like stock, water or a dairy-free milk substitute like unsweetened almond milk.