If you tend to shy away from the mess and hassle of baking in your kitchen, this recipe has you covered. Actually, I would rather call this a “food hack” rather than a recipe.
These electric skillet biscuits are so simple, you will be tempted to make them every night! And why not? We all deserve to bite into a little extra comfort with our suppers.
All you need is a can of pre-made dough and some ingredients you already have in your pantry and fridge. Your final result will be these fluffy and airy, golden-brown biscuits.
I love to listen for the hiss of the hot oil as the dough makes contact and slightly crisps up on the outside. Meanwhile, the inside bakes to give you a melt-in-your-mouth tenderness, exploding with warmth. Not to mention the butter and honey, giving just a hint of sweetness, melting on the surface of these freshly fried biscuits.
These electric skillet biscuits make it so easy to add a delightful warmth to any meal. Spend less than thirty minutes with your electric skillet and you are on your way.
Using premade biscuit dough means no flour to clean off of your counters and much fewer dishes to do too. This really is the most delicious win-win situation when it comes to comfort food.
Electric Skillet Biscuits
- 12 oz. pre-made/pre-cut biscuit dough - (1 can)
- 3 cups vegetable oil - for frying
- ⅓ cup butter - at room temperature
- ⅛ cup honey
- Heat electric skillet to 400ºF. Add the oil and let it heat up.
- Drop the dough discs into the oil (away from you so that the oil doesn't splash up). Fry them 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix butter and honey until smooth.
- Serve the biscuits with the honey butter.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.
Some more tasty recipes you might enjoy: