I was living in England, quite a few years ago, and was introduced to the wonder that is the Full English Breakfast. There were eggs and sausages, bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes, toast and lovely baked beans in a tomato sauce. With this hearty of a breakfast, we definitely weren’t hungry for lunch.
We wanted to continue enjoying this satisfying meal at home, which is why I’ve made it into an easy, electric skillet recipe.
Now you can see why this dish is so popular in England. It is tasty, filling and actually quite simple to make at home. You can either use canned beans in tomato sauce from the grocery store or try our delicious homemade recipe here. The Full English is typically served with coffee or tea to top it all off.
If you plan on having guests or have a large family, you can easily adjust the serving size. I like to use a 16” electric skillet so that I can fit everything in at once. If you have a smaller skillet, you may have to cook it in batches.
What part of this Full English Breakfast do you like best? Let us know in the comments!
Electric Skillet Full English Breakfast
- 2 slices bread
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 breakfast sausages
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 mushrooms
- 2 tomatoes - halved
- 1 cup baked beans in tomato sauce - canned or homemade
- 2 eggs
- Preheat electric skillet to 300ºF.
- Toast the bread, cut them diagonally and reserve.
- Grease the electric skillet with a bit of oil and add the sausages, bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes. Cook for 10 minutes (until bacon and sausages are fully cooked), flipping them occasionally. Reserve.
- Add the beans in tomato sauce to one corner of the skillet (just to heat them through). Reserve.
- Lastly, crack the eggs into the skillet and cook, covered, for 5 minutes – or until desired doneness.
- Serve all together with the toasted bread and some tea if desired.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.
Hungry for more? Try our Kimchi Mac and Cheese