A savory breakfast of Italian sausage mingling with the sweetness of sautéed onions and peppers, fried potatoes and topped with eggs fixed the way you like them.
The quick and easy Electric Skillet Sausage and Egg Breakfast Hash will make waking up 20 minutes earlier worthwhile. And, as a one-skillet wonder breakfast, cleanup is a breeze.
It’s time for breakfast and the thought of another biscuit makes you want to… well it makes you want to find another go-to breakfast. Imagine waking to the smell of fried Italian sausage with onions and red bell peppers.
15 minutes later, you take your first bite of crispy potato mixed with savory Italian sausage and finish off with the taste of salty, lush eggs. You can easily start your morning off right with the Electric Skillet Sausage and Egg Breakfast Hash.
I know, mornings are hectic enough. This breakfast lends itself well to prepping the night before.
If you hanker for a quick but fresh fried breakfast in the morning, remove the casings of your sausage and store your diced potatoes (in water) in the fridge. The next morning, simply pull out the sausage and potatoes from the fridge and follow the recipe.
If you are more of a grab and go type, fry up all ingredients except the eggs and place your mixture in a container in the fridge. The next morning, mix your eggs into the container with the already cooked ingredients, place in the microwave for a minute or so and voila, sausage and egg hash to go.
More of a sweet breakfast person? Try with maple sausage or drizzle with a bit of syrup. Onions and peppers not your style? This hash is just as delicious without them.
Did this hearty breakfast satisfy your cravings? Let us know in the comments if you liked it and please share!
Electric Skillet Sausage and Egg Breakfast Hash
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes - cubed
- 1 tsp. salt - or to taste
- ½ tsp. pepper - or to taste
- 1 white or yellow onion - chopped
- 5 Italian sausages - casings removed
- 1 red bell pepper - chopped
- 1 cup green onions - chopped
- 4 eggs
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Fresh parsley - chopped
- Heat an electric skillet to 300°F and add the olive oil.
- Add the cubed potatoes. Season with the salt and pepper. Give it a mix so that the potatoes are coated in the oil. Cover and cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the onions. Cover and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Crumble the sausages into the pan. Add the red bell pepper and green onions and stir.
- Reduce the heat to 250°F. Cover and continue cooking until the sausage and potatoes are cooked through (the potatoes should be fork-tender), another 10 minutes or so. Mix every few minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper, if needed. Reserve.
- Turn the heat up to 275°F. Fry the eggs until desired doneness.
- Serve the eggs on top of the potatoes. Sprinkle with Himalayan salt and chopped parsley.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.
Hungry for more recipes to try in your skillet? Try our Electric Skillet Seafood Chowder
Or for another breakfast idea, check out these Breakfast Porridge Shots With 4 Tasty Toppings