These hamburger scrambled eggs are a kid-created recipe that combine a breakfast staple with an American classic. Sizzling beef adds protein and texture to the fluffy scrambled eggs, while a dash of HP sauce or ketchup provides the classic burger flavor. This recipe takes only ten minutes to prepare so that you can throw together a protein-packed brunch. Plus, it is so simple that beginner cooks can whip it up in the kitchen!
If you love breakfast food but want something heartier for lunch or dinner, hamburger scrambled eggs are loaded with ground beef. Pick up fresh meat from the store, or use the leftover beef sitting in your fridge. Scrambled eggs offer a blank flavor palette for meat already flavored with sauce and spices. Make it healthier by adding some frozen veggies to the ground beef.
- large eggs
- milk - we use whole milk
- ground beef - use lean ground beef to avoid excess grease
- HP sauce - this is optional but Tristan won’t have scrambled eggs without it
How to Make it
- Whisk eggs. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Brown the beef. Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Brown the ground beef (for about 5 minutes), breaking it apart into chunks as it cooks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Scramble the eggs. Add the egg mixture. Let it cook for 1 minute without stirring. Begin stirring it with the ground beef until the eggs are cooked (a couple more minutes).
- Serve. Serve with HP sauce on the side.
You can serve these scrambled eggs on their own, on a piece of toast or with a cup of fresh fruit.
Storage & Reheating
Cover leftovers with plastic wrap or transfer to an airtight container, then store them in the fridge for up to four days.
You can heat up your meal in the microwave or toss the hamburger scrambled eggs in a frying pan to avoid sogginess. Make scrambled egg burritos for a tasty lunch.
Did you enjoy this kid-created breakfast dish? Tristan was 7 years old when he came up with this recipe. Let me know in the comments what you thought and please share it!
Tristan's Hamburger Scrambled Eggs
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- salt and pepper - to taste
- HP sauce - optional
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside.6 large eggs, ¼ cup milk
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Brown the ground beef (for about 5 minutes), breaking it apart into chunks as it cooks. Season with salt and pepper.1 pound lean ground beef
- Add the egg mixture. Let it cook for 1 minute without stirring. Begin stirring it with the ground beef until the eggs are cooked (a couple more minutes).
- Serve with HP sauce.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.