Iced Lemon Mousse
There's something about lemons that make them synonymous with summer's long, lazy days and leisurely pace, and maybe that's why we like them so much in desserts. Iced Lemon Mousse provides lemon lovers with an alternative to traditional favorites such as lemon meringue pie, lemon drops or lemon bars. Ideal for any occasion that calls for something sweet and cold that's delightfully light and fresh. Fresh lemons are always available, making this an excellent go-to dessert for any time of the year. Here's what it takes to make your taste buds tingle:
Recipe Images by In the Kitch
Iced Lemon Mousse
- 2 cups evaporated milk (low-fat)
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups sweet biscuits (Graham wafers)
- Lemon slices (Lime slices could work too)
- Cool the evaporated milk in the refrigerator for about 2 hours (or half an hour in the freezer).
- Using an electric whisk, whisk together the evaporated milk with the lemon juice and sugar. You have to do this for about 15 minutes, or until it has grown almost doubling in size and gets creamy. Add the lemon zest.
- Crush the sweet biscuits.
- Place the crushed biscuits in the bottom of the serving glasses or molds.
- Pour the mix over the biscuits and freeze them until it’s time to serve.
- Serve with lemon slices.
Watch the Recipe Video Here:
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It does not include toppings.
Are you seeking a low-fat dessert option that's nonetheless full of flavor and elegant enough for a classy dinner party? With only 4 grams of fat per serving, this dessert is packed with creamy lemony goodness. The evaporated milk provides a full-bodied velvety texture that pairs perfectly with the tang of sugared lemons, while the sweet biscuit topping adds just the right amount of crunch. This mousse dessert is simple to make and can be prepared in advance of the festivities so that all you have to do when it's time for the evening's grande finale is take it out of the freezer.
I am Joss, the creator and editor of In the Kitch. I am inviting you on this food journey with me to learn, grow and bring out that inner chef in you! All of the recipes I share here are recipes that I share with my own family. I hope to inspire you to get creative in your own kitchen!