Cake pops are one of the latest and most delicious baking trends. They take everything we love about cake and add it to the ease of a lollipop. The next step in the cake pop world, is the cheesecake pop.
This perfectly balanced dark chocolate coconut cheesecake pop, blends delicious grown-up flavors with fun and whimsical cake pops to create a perfect treat for any age. Consider adding decoration to your cake pop based on who you plan to serve to.
Before you begin, you need only pick-up or make your family’s favorite cheesecake, then you will be ready to start rolling these yummy pops.
Clocking in at just over an hour, these cheesecake pops are a perfect last minute treat for a potluck or party. Make up a batch of these to share with your coworkers on a down day, or to brighten your counter-tops at home.
This cheesecake pop, with its tangy cheesecake, slightly bitter chocolate, and tropical coconut, sings to many pallets and can be enjoyed by treat lovers of all kinds.
Are you a fan of all kinds of chocolate? To mix this recipe up, try using other chocolates, or combine different types for a fun alternative.
Cheesecake Cake Pops Coated in Dark Chocolate & Coconut Flakes
- 1 small firm baked cheesecake - your favorite
- 2 cups fine quality dark chocolate - or candy melts
- Coconut flakes
- Making sure the cheesecake is cold to begin, use a small cookie scoop to scoop out rounds of the cheesecake and roll them into balls. You need to work quickly here while the cheesecake is cold. Place them on a pan lined with wax paper.
- Carefully insert the lollipop sticks into the cake balls.
- Refrigerate or freeze for 30-60 minutes to allow the cake pops to firm up.
- Melt the chocolate (or candy melts) in a double boiler.
- Insert the cake ball into the chocolate and rotate until covered. Softly tap and rotate the cake pop until the excess chocolate falls off. Don’t tap too hard or the cake ball could fall off.
- Place in a styrofoam block to dry and sprinkle with coconut flakes.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.
Hungry for more? Try our Leek & Potato Soup with Frizzled Leek Topping