In our house, we love French toast and we love Nutella spread. Combine these two goods in delicious ways with this recipe for electric skillet French toast filled with hazelnut chocolate cream.
French toast is one of those universally delicious foods. Plain or fancy, simple or complicated, syrup or no; there’s really no wrong way to go about it. That said, there definitely are some ways of preparing this tasty treat that one might consider a bit more decadent.
Enter the French toast sandwich. A delicious creation sandwiching two slices of French toast together with a hazelnut chocolate cream filling, it has all the deliciousness and charm of a standard French toast with an extra punch of flavor you just can’t beat.
Step up your breakfast or dessert game with our extra convenient recipe for a French toast and Nutella sandwich made in an electric frying pan.
Filled French toast sandwiches are a thing of beauty, this Nutella variant being no exception. Crispy and sweet on the outside, soft and pillowy on the inside, and all of it complimented by that deliciously nutty and chocolaty hazelnut spread.
Combine this with the convenience of cooking in an electric skillet and you’ve got yourself a recipe for one delicious meal – a meal you can now make whenever you want.
Just like you’ve got your choice of how to top your French toast with things like berries, powdered sugar, honey, maple syrup and so on, you can also mix up this recipe with some alternative fillings.
Peanut butter, jelly, chocolate fudge, marshmallow cream and plenty more would all be great options for something like this. You could even try a savory version with cheese if you’d like. There’s really no wrong answer.
What’s your favorite French toast hack? Do you think you could mix it up with some of what you learned from our recipe? Let us know about these cutting-edge culinary achievements below.
Electric Skillet Chocolate-Hazelnut Stuffed French Toast
- 8 slices French baguette - (thick slices)
- ½ cup chocolate hazelnut cream - (Nutella)
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp. milk
- 4 tsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. powdered sugar
- Berries - optional topping
- Heat electric skillet to 300ºF.
- Spread some chocolate hazelnut cream over one slice of french bread and cover with the other slice. Press them together with your hands. Repeat with remaining slices of bread.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, milk and regular sugar.
- Soak the sandwiches in the egg mix, until they have absorbed the liquid on both sides.
- Melt the butter in the skillet. Add the sandwiches and cook for around 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Serve with berries and powdered sugar, if desired.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.
Hungry for more? Try our Freezer Meal: Turkey and Mushroom Meatballs with Tomato Sauce