This kimchi cream cheese spread recipe gives you one more excuse to incorporate more kimchi goodness into your meals. It’s topped with a delicious sweet and sour bell pepper topping.
By now you have probably noticed that kimchi is as versatile as it is delicious. From kimchi fries to savory kimchi pancakes, this Korean staple has become vastly popular worldwide in recent years.
With its numerous health benefits such as gut-promoting probiotics, I am more than happy to share another unique kimchi recipe with you.
Kimchi Cream Cheese Spread Ingredients
- red and green bell peppers
- apple cider vinegar
- cream cheese – softened
- soy sauce
Leaving out the Gochujang isn’t going to break this recipe but it is a very tasty addition to your spread. You should be able to find it easily at any Asian market, in the international aisle of some larger grocery stores or even online.
Kimchi cream cheese could easily become a breakfast staple as it pairs perfectly with bagels or toast for a tasty savory option. It also makes a delicious snack over crackers, and would be an excellent unique addition to a charcuterie board.
As always, try to source your kimchi from a local Asian market or make it yourself for the best flavor. Nothing compares to homemade kimchi!
Be sure to dice the kimchi fine enough that it will mix and spread easily once added to the cream cheese.
Also make sure it is drained from the brine so that extra liquid isn’t added to the cheese. That being said, if you like a thinner spread, you can adjust the amount of kimchi brine afterwards until it reaches your desired consistency.
Once you have your kimchi cream cheese prepared, it should last fairly long in an airtight container in the fridge. I recommend not keeping it for longer than two weeks, but with so many different ways to use it, I doubt you will need to!
Kimchi Cream Cheese Spread
For the Sweet and Sour Pepper Topping:
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper - diced
- 2 tablespoons green bell pepper - diced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Add the peppers, sugar and vinegar to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine the cream cheese, kimchi, kimchi brine, soy sauce and gochujang in a medium bowl. Transfer to a small container that has a lid.
- Top the spread with the sweet & sour pepper topping.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for later. You can use it as a spread for toast, crackers, sandwiches, bagels, etc.
- You can refrigerate the kimchi spread for up to two weeks or until you see signs of it going bad like mold, smell, etc.
- This recipe yields approximately 1 cup spread.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.
If you enjoyed this kimchi cream cheese spread, please share the recipe and let us know in the comments!