This kid-created summer soda is fruity and refreshing. With ingredients like fresh mangoes, grenadine and fizzy water, this beverage will give you all the summer feels you’ve been waiting for. All it takes is 3 ingredients and a quick pulse in the blender!
As my kids watch me busy in the kitchen on a daily basis, they have become inspired to come up with their own ideas. They have become little foodies with such a curiosity and need to get their hands in the process of recipe development, cooking and of course testing!
It’s really a neat thing to watch and if my kids ask me to help out with the meal, I will always say yes, even if it’s just participating in a small way like mixing or pouring. Simply letting your kids watch you cook is a great way for them to learn as well.
You only need 3 ingredients and 3 simple steps to make this recipe:
- grenadine - here is my homemade grenadine recipe
- carbonated water
How to Make it
- Blend. Purée the mangoes and grenadine in a blender until smooth.
- Stir. Transfer to a pitcher. Add the club soda and gently stir together until blended.
- Serve. Serve immediately in glasses over ice.
This Summer Mango-Pomegranate Soda is a simple recipe created by my 6-year-old son (with a little help from Mom for ingredient amounts of course). This is his first creation that we are sharing with all of you. We hope you enjoy it!
He wanted to take his own photo of course! Here it is:
Do you get your kids to help out in the kitchen? What did you think of this kid-created summer drink? We’d love to hear your experiences in the comments below!
Summer Mango-Pomegranate Soda
- ¾ cup mangoes - chopped (about 1 mango)
- ½ cup grenadine
- 2 cups carbonated water
- Purée the mangoes and grenadine in a blender until smooth.
- Transfer to a pitcher. Add the club soda and gently stir together until blended.
- Serve immediately in glasses over ice.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.
Check out another kid-created recipe: Super Moist Pumpkin Cupcakes