Sweet, fizzy, and fruity, this Shirley Temple punch will make you feel like you’re reliving your childhood. This punch is perfect for children’s birthday parties, backyard get-togethers, school activities, youth groups, and even adult parties if you feel like having a non-alcoholic option.
Combined with flavorful grenadine syrup, a non-alcoholic cocktail ingredient, this punch will make kids feel like adults and adults feel like kids again.
This cherry-red, fizzy, fruity drink has been a staple of birthday parties and school proms for decades. For a fun afternoon project, try inviting your kids to make this drink with you. It’s simple to make, requires only a few ingredients, and they’ll enjoy stirring in the orange juice and grenadine and watching the punch change colors.
This punch is best when it’s served right away, but if you’ve got an evening celebration planned, it should have no problem chilling in the fridge for a few hours.
If you want to get a little creative, try experimenting with the garnishes. Maraschino cherries are the classic garnish, but try mixing things up with orange slices or lemon wedges. Try using cocktail spears to make the drink seem even more “adult”–in a fun, playful way.
If you’re having a large party, you can serve the punch in a massive bowl so you don’t have to worry about refilling everyone’s glass. For smaller gatherings, try serving the drink in glasses filled with ice and topped with a garnish. This simple touch will elevate the recipe from a fun party drink to a restaurant-quality fruit cocktail.
With so many ways to customize this drink, it’s no wonder that it’s been a staple in American culture for decades. What are your favorite ways to serve Shirley Temple punch? Let us know in the comments.
Shirley Temple Punch
- 6 cups ice cubes
- 8 cups orange juice
- 8 cups 7-UP
- 2 cups grenadine
- Maraschino cherries - to garnish
- Add the ice to a punch bowl or dispenser.6 cups ice cubes
- Pour the orange juice and 7UP over the ice.8 cups orange juice, 8 cups 7-UP
- Add the grenadine and give it a gentle mix.2 cups grenadine
- Serve with maraschino cherries as a garnish.
- The amount of punch in this recipe fits in my 1.5 gallon/5.6 liter drink dispenser. The servings can be easily adjusted to fit the size of your punch bowl.
- You can hold off on the ice until just before serving or serve the ice in glasses instead.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.