Is there anything more luxurious than an appetizer of stuffed mushrooms? The delicious mushrooms can instantly raise any restaurant from merely nice to classy.
The option for this side or appetizer is unique and it adds variety among the more common menu items. However, even though you’d love to try your hand at recreating the dish in your own kitchen, it may seem that this sort of recipe would be too difficult to prepare.
We have good news for you: stuffed mushrooms are actually far easier to make than you probably realize! With this recipe, it’s as easy as chopping your ingredients, sautéing the filling, stuffing the mushroom caps, and letting them bake until the cheese is melted and golden.
You’ll shortly be enjoying your very own stuffed mushrooms at home with only a dash of time and effort. This recipe begins with combining the rich creaminess of butter and the kick of onions, sauteed until darkly sweet.
Toss in the chopped mushroom stems to boost the tasty, earthy flavor and sprinkle with herbs and seasoning until just right. This mixture is spooned into the mushroom caps, topped with Parmesan cheese and baked for about 20 to 25 minutes.
We love that this recipe takes hardly any time at all and, additionally, the thought of melted cheese over the mushrooms is mouth-wateringly enticing!
There you have it: delectable, crispy stuffed mushrooms made quick and simple, and who doesn’t love that?
Stuffed Button Mushrooms with Herbs & Parmesan
- 24 button mushrooms - scrubbed clean
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 white or yellow onion - diced finely
- 1 garlic clove - minced
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs - recommended: thyme and oregano
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese - grated
- thyme stems - to decorate
- salt and pepper - to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Separate the stems from the mushroom caps. Dice the stems.24 button mushrooms
- Heat the butter in a small frying pan over medium-low heat.2 tablespoons butter
- Add the onions to the pan and cook until soft and golden brown (about 15 minutes). Add the diced mushroom stems and cook for 4 minutes, stirring often.1 white or yellow onion
- Stir in the garlic and herbs. Cook for 1 minute. Removed from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.1 garlic clove, 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- Fill each mushroom with the stuffing and place them on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over each mushroom.¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese browns a little. Allow to cool for 5 minutes or so before serving. Garnish with fresh thyme.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.
Did you prepare this stuffed mushroom recipe? If you have, please let us know in the comments what you thought and if you have any suggestions!
We hope you enjoyed this recipe and please feel free to share it with your friends and family.
Hungry for more? Try Pumpkin Cream Soup with Orange & Drizzled Yogurt Dressing