Is there anything more luxurious than an appetizer of stuffed mushrooms? The delicious mushrooms can instantly raise any restaurant from merely nice to classy.
The option for this side or appetizer is unique and it adds variety among the more common menu items. However, even though you’d love to try your hand at recreating the dish in your own kitchen, it may seem that this sort of recipe would be too difficult to prepare.
We have good news for you: stuffed mushrooms are actually far easier to make than you probably realize! With this recipe, it’s as easy as chopping your ingredients, sauteing the filling, stuffing the mushroom caps, and letting them bake until the cheese is melted and golden.
You’ll shortly be enjoying your very own stuffed mushrooms at home with only a dash of time and effort. This recipe begins with combining the rich creaminess of butter and the kick of onions, sauteed until darkly sweet.
Toss in the chopped mushroom stems to boost the tasty earthy flavor and sprinkle with herbs and seasoning until just right. This mixture is spooned into the mushroom caps, topped with Parmesan cheese and baked for, at longest, 25 minutes.
We love that this recipe takes hardly any time at all and, additionally, the thought of melted cheese over the mushrooms is mouth-wateringly enticing!
There you have it: delectable, crispy stuffed mushrooms made quick and simple, and who doesn’t love that?
Have you prepared this recipe yourself, or perhaps made similar stuffed mushrooms? If you have, please let us know in the comments what you thought and if you have any suggestions!
We hope you enjoyed this recipe and please feel free to share it with your friends and family.
Crispy Button Mushrooms with Herbs & Melted Cheese
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 onion - minced
- 24 mushrooms - scrubbed clean, stems separated from the caps, stems finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove - minced
- 1 tsp. dried herbs - recommended: thyme and oregano
- 4 tbsp. Parmesan cheese - grated
- thyme stems - to decorate
- salt and pepper - to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat butter in a small frying pan over low heat.
- Sauté the onion until golden brown (about 15 minutes). Add the chopped mushroom stems and stir often.
- Add the garlic, herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill each mushroom with the stuffing, and place on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese over each mushroom.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese browns a little. Allow to cool for 5 minutes or so before serving. Garnish with thyme.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.
Hungry for more? Try Pumpkin Cream Soup with Orange & Drizzled Yogurt Dressing