The sweet smell of these pancakes is what I woke up to nearly every weekend in my childhood. Now my kids ask for Grandma’s pancakes every time they head over to her house for a visit.
Grandma’s pancake recipe is very simple to make. They turn out golden and fluffy when cooked in an electric skillet.
Do you have a favorite pancake topping? Please let me know in the comments and if you liked these electric skillet pancakes, please share!
Electric Skillet Pancakes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups milk - or add enough to reach desired consistency
- 1 tablespoon canola oil - for frying
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.3 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, almond extract and milk.1/4 cup canola oil, 3 large eggs, 1 teaspoon almond extract, 2 1/4 cups milk
- Add 1 tablespoon canola oil to the skillet. Heat electric skillet to 350°F/175°C.
- Blend the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients using a wired whisk or fork. You can leave some lumps to avoid over-mixing.
- Pour roughly ⅓ cup of the batter onto the skillet, leaving 1 ½” of space in between pancakes to leave room for flipping. You may be able to cook 1 to 3 pancakes at a time, depending on the size of your electric skillet.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles form on the surface of the pancake. Flip the pancake to cook the other side until golden, approximately 1 minute.
- Transfer to plate or heated tray to keep warm.
- Continue cooking the remaining batter. Serve with desired syrup and toppings. One of my favorite toppings for pancakes is sour cream and maple syrup.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.
Hungry for more? You might also enjoy…Bocconcini Caprese with Cherry Tomatoes and Caramelized Onions