Plain buttered popcorn is a tasty snack. But, what if you livened it up by adding even more flavor? This tri-flavor popcorn snack mix recipe uses the sumptuous flavors of curry powder, garlic powder, and Italian herbs to liven up microwave popcorn.
Additionally, some roasted almonds and mini-pretzels are thrown into the mix for that perfect crunch we all look for in a snack.
Around the holiday season every year, you can find tins filled with flavored popcorn. It is an easy gift to give someone who you aren’t well acquainted with or who is always hard to shop for.
Unfortunately, these tins can be quite expensive. Making it at home saves money plus you can customize the flavors to exactly what you like.
This recipe shows you how to make your own flavored popcorn creations to share with family and friends or to eat all by yourself. The best part is that you can make this snack mix any time of the year right in your own home.
Now, if curry, garlic, or Italian herbs are not your thing or if you want to try something even more adventurous, you can always start playing around with other flavors. Use ranch dressing mix for something different. Try some grated Parmesan mixed in with rosemary. Cajun seasoning will give it a kick.
This popcorn snack mix is best served as soon as you can get the flavoring on and the goodies mixed in. However, if you want to make some up for a party or to give as a gift, it can be kept in a sealed container away from moisture and heat for up to a week before it starts to go stale.
Which flavor do you want to try on your next bag of microwave popcorn?
Tri-Flavor Popcorn Snack Mix
- 1 bag microwave popcorn
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Italian herbs
- 1 cup mini-pretzels
- ½ cup roasted almonds
- Salt and pepper
- Pop the popcorn, following manufacturer instructions.
- Divide in three parts, transferring each to a separate bowl.
- In another separate small bowl place 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil with curry powder, salt and pepper.
- In another small bowl place the other tablespoon of the vegetable oil with garlic powder, Italian herbs, salt and pepper.
- To the first bowl of popcorn add just salt and pepper, to the second bowl add the curry mix, and to the third bowl add the Italian herbs mix.
- Serve mixed together with mini-pretzels and roasted almonds.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.
Hungry for more? Try our Electric Skillet Scalloped Potatoes