It’s pumpkin season! These pumpkin cake pops are a delightful fall treat and are ideal for a tasty snack or a fall-themed party. You will need a cake pop maker for this recipe and the basic ingredients for a pumpkin cake along with cake pop sticks.
This recipe calls for pure canned pumpkin, not the pumpkin pie mix. However, if that is what you have on hand, you can simply omit the cinnamon and nutmeg. These treats can be whipped up in a very short amount of time. Adults and kids alike are sure to enjoy these delicious bite-sized cakes.
A side sauce is one way of really putting this dessert over the top. A sure winner is a salted caramel sauce. Add pumpkin spice to the sauce to perfectly compliment the cake flavors.
For a creamier option, make a white chocolate ganache. Personally, I would make both! You could even make the ganache ahead of time and coat the cake pops in them, then leave them in the fridge to harden.
If you are planning to use the cake pops within a few days, you will want to store them wrapped air-tight at room temperature. For time periods of up to a month, store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
For longer periods of time, store them in a freezer bag in the freezer. These are of course general guidelines; always inspect the cake pops to be sure they are still fresh.
Another tip: plan ahead and find the perfect themed cake pop sticks online or at a specialty store. What decoration do you think would go well with these?
Cake Pop Maker Pumpkin Cake Pops
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup nuts - chopped (optional)
- ½ cup icing sugar
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder, 1 teaspoon nutmeg powder, 1 teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Mix all wet ingredients in another bowl.1 cup pumpkin purée, ½ cup vegetable oil, 2 eggs
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Fold in the nuts (optional).½ cup nuts
- Plug in the cake pop maker and wait for it to heat up (there should be an indicator light). Pour mixture into a piping bag or you can just use a spoon to add the batter to the cake pop maker.
- Fill the cake pop maker holes (to just under the top edge). Careful not to overfill.
- Close the lid and bake them in the cake pop maker for 3 to 4 minutes per batch, until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Insert treat sticks into the cake balls.
- Dust with icing sugar. Serve!
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.
Another tasty cake pop maker recipe you might enjoy: