In the summer, outdoor activities are commonplace along with picnics at the park or in the backyard. In my opinion, one of the best ways to enjoy the summer is to have a small get-together with friends or family.
If you’re looking for a tasty snack for outdoor fun, try our Strawberry Champagne Cake Balls. Not only are they delicious but they are very easy to make, especially when using a cake pop maker.
These scrumptious, alcoholic cake balls require minimal baking on a hot summer’s day. They are also a perfect treat for special holidays like Valentine’s Day or a romantic date night!
Simply smash your strawberries, stir in your champagne, add mixture to your prepared cake mix and then bake them for only 3-4 minutes in a cake pop maker. Serve with some more champagne. Your guests will love it!
Making cake pops can sometimes be quite challenging. However, once you are introduced to the cake pop maker, you will see what a breeze it can be compared to making them by hand; and that uniform shape of each cake ball is a bonus.
When it comes to dipping the pops into melted chocolate or other coatings, be quick. Roll them around until they are completely covered. Once the pop is dipped, place the cake balls on a platter or plate lined with wax paper. Allow the candy or chocolate to set. Serve and enjoy!
How did you enjoy your champagne cake balls: a romantic evening, a late snack, a gathering with friends? If you enjoyed these as much as we do, let us know in the comments!
Browse cake pop maker reviews here.
Strawberry Champagne Cake Balls in the Cake Pop Maker
- 1/2 cup strawberries - cleaned and chopped
- 1/2 cup champagne
- 1 box vanilla cake mix - (15.2 oz/432 g)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup strawberries - cleaned and diced
- 24 oz (675 g) white chocolate - To coat
- A few drops of pink food coloring - optional
- Pulse the 1/2 cup chopped strawberries with the champagne a couple times in the blender, until just combined. If needed, top it up with some more champagne to equal 1 cup liquid. The idea is to replace the liquids that your cake mix requires (usually 1 cup water or milk) for the champagne and strawberry mixture.
- Prepare the cake batter by combining the cake mix, oil, eggs, strawberry champagne mixture and diced strawberries. Plug in the cake pop maker to preheat it. There should be an indicator light to tell you when it's ready – mine takes only a few minutes.
- Fill the cake pop maker cavities with the batter (fill them just below the top). Do this step quickly because the batter will start baking and puffing up. Close the lid and bake them in the cake pop maker for 3-4 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Prepare a double boiler by placing a metal bowl over a pot with simmering water. Melt the white chocolate in the metal bowl. Mix in a few drops of the pink or red food coloring (optional). Coat the cake balls with the melted white chocolate and let them set at room temperature until hardened.
- Serve with champagne if desired.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.
Another tasty recipe you might enjoy: