Hemp Seed Salad
In today’s society there is a growing focus on eating health conscious food to fuel your body and mind, but sometimes finding a recipe that is healthy, delicious, and easy is a tall order. So how should you go about achieving your goals to be healthier without losing your mind over it?
Try taking a look at the ingredients in this quick and easy hemp seed salad. Not only is it all of the above, it is vegan friendly! Avocado has stolen the spotlight recently as far as healthy foods go, and for good reason. It is dense in nutrients with a bright flavor and rich texture. With vitamins K, C, B5, B6, and more, the avocado packs the health punch you’re looking for.
Combine the avocados with hemp hearts, which have 9.5 grams of protein in every serving (3 tablespoons), as well as all twenty amino acids, this recipe goes above and beyond off the health factor. Tomatoes, dill, cucumber, and lemon give this recipe the fresh flavor to make you want to come back for seconds!
Hemp Seed Salad
- 1 large tomato – seeded & chopped
- 1 ½ cups cucumber – chopped
- 1 cup avocado flesh – chopped (½ large avocado)
- 3 tbsp. hulled hemp seeds
- Cookie cutter or form – to shape the salad
- 3 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh dill
- ¼ tsp. fine grain kosher salt, – or to taste
- Place the tomato in a bowl.
- Place the cucumber and avocado in a separate bowl.
- In a mini processor, process the dressing ingredients together until mostly smooth.
- Pour dressing onto vegetables – in both bowls – and stir well. (Reserve some of the dressing to drizzle over the salad when serving.) Season to taste with salt.
- Using a round mold (you can use a cookie cutter), first layer the tomatoes, then the cucumber and avocado, and lastly add the hemp seeds. Carefully remove the mold. Pour the reserved dressing on top carefully, to make sure you don’t break the form. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or dipping sauce.
When making this recipe, having a food processor will make creating a silky smooth dressing quick and easy, however if you don’t have access to one or just don’t want to wash the extra dishes, mashing the ingredients by hand will still give you a tasty dressing. Taste and season as you go to avoid under or over salting the dish.
Using a round mold or cookie cutter to shape the vegetables and seeds will not only give you even portion sizes, but it will also impress family and friends with it’s elegant style. This recipe makes enough for two servings, and taking only thirty minutes of prep time makes this the perfect weekday lunch or dinner date recipe.
Hungry for a snack? Try our Tri-Flavor Popcorn Snack Mix