Whether it’s for football season or you’re having a craving for them, this electric skillet lemon pepper chicken wings recipe will hit the spot with its flavorful crust, savory meat and a lemon-pepper butter that will make your lips smack and your taste buds zing.
You can lick the lemony flavor off your fingers and savor the taste longer. Here are some tips and info to enhance your experience with these electric skillet chicken wings.
Eating wings can be difficult with the bones. Here are some tips on how to break the bones and get to the meat quicker:
- One way is to twist the end of the chicken wing; this will loosen the bones, pull them out, and get to the meat.
- Another way is to eat it like corn on a cob: take small bites while rotating the chicken.
- If you are a pro at eating wings, stick the whole wing in your mouth and scrape the meat off with your teeth. I recommend only the brave to do the last one.
When it comes to chicken wings, you need a mug of beer to go with it. When the saltiness and tartness of the wings get too much, you can cleanse your pallet with a swig of beer.
Since chicken wings are usually served as bar food, other types of bar food would go well with these wings: French fries, onion rings, salad (if you want a break from fried food), and celery sticks.
If you want some recommendations for dips, one of the most popular dips for chicken wings is blue cheese dipping sauce. If you are not a fan of blue cheese, you can try it with barbecue sauce for sweetness or sriracha for heat. Or, just stick to this delicious lemon butter that adds extra zesty flavor.
What are your favorite game day recipes to serve? Let us know in the comments and if you liked the recipe, please share!
Electric Skillet Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 ½ teaspoons salt - divided
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups canola oil
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley - minced (garnish)
- Mix chicken wings, 1 tsp. salt, garlic powder and lemon juice in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Mix the flour with the pepper and 1 ½ tsp. of salt in a plastic bag and shake to mix. Add the chicken wings and shake until fully covered.
- Heat a 12" electric skillet* to 350°F and add the oil (there should be enough oil to reach about ½ way up the chicken wings).
- Once oil is hot, shake off the excess flour from the chicken wings and fry until golden brown and fully cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F (around 5 to 6 minutes per side). Don't crowd the pan, as that will cool the oil down.
- Remove to a baking rack with paper towel underneath to catch any oil drippings. Sprinkle the wings with some lemon pepper seasoning.
- Right before serving, melt the butter in a small bowl. Mix with the lemon pepper seasoning and lemon juice.
- Serve the chicken wings with the lemon pepper sauce and top with the minced parsley.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.
Looking for dessert ideas? Try our Graham Wafer Lemon Bars