This creamy Tuscan chicken with sun-dried tomatoes and kale is an easy week-night dinner that will take only 30 minutes of your time. With this Italian dish, we are stepping it up a notch and getting all fancy and romantic in the electric skillet.
Tuscan food typically relies on simple, fresh, high-quality ingredients that don’t require the use of complicated seasonings. This creamy chicken dish in particular is hearty and flavorful. It’s a great choice if you are looking to impress your guests without having to spend hours in the kitchen!
Kale is a lot more sturdy than spinach when cooked, which gives it a nice texture in the cream sauce. If you don’t like the texture of cooked spinach, it’s worth giving cooked kale a shot. I’ve become a fan, myself.
It of course helps that kale is a superfood. Kale can give your immune system a boost as it contains vitamins a and c. It also contains vitamin k, folate, lutein and other minerals.
Are you wondering what types of wine to pair this delicious pasta dish with? As far as white wines go, you may want to pick up a Chardonnay as it goes well with creamy dishes and poultry. If you’d prefer a red, Pinot Noir pairs well with creamy chicken pasta dishes.
If you only have an electric skillet on hand for whatever reason, you could even cook the pasta in the skillet, before preparing the chicken. Simply fill a 12” skillet with about 8 cups water (more if you have a larger skillet) and a pinch of salt, turn the dial to the max temperature and boil the water.
Add the pasta and cook for as long as the package indicates, or until al dente. Allow some of the steam to come out while it’s cooking by leaving the lid slightly open, so that it doesn’t boil over. Drain, toss with a bit of olive oil and reserve.
Did you enjoy this creamy Tuscan chicken? Let us know in the comments and please share!
Electric Skillet Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup asiago cheese - freshly grated
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 cup kale - chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil - chopped
- ⅓ cup oil-packed sun dried tomatoes - drained and sliced
- 1 lemon - sliced in wedges
- Cooked pasta - to serve
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- In a medium bowl or large measuring cup, add the heavy cream, chicken broth, asiago cheese and Italian seasoning. Mix and set aside.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat an electric skillet to 325°F and add 2 tablespoons canola oil. Add chicken to skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes per side or until fully cooked and no longer pink in center. Remove chicken and reserve.
- Add minced garlic to leftover oil in the skillet and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the heavy cream mixture. Bring the temperature up to 350°F and whisk until it just begins to thicken (about 5 mins.). Add the kale, basil and sundried tomatoes and let it simmer until the kale starts to wilt (2 to 3 minutes).
- Add the chicken back to the electric skillet and heat through.
- Serve over pasta. Garnish with lemon wedges.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.
Looking for something sweet to sip on? Try our Hot Chocolate Spoon Recipe