Sausage links are the epitome of a classic and simple meal. They pair perfectly with a multitude of condiments and side dishes, and can be ready in as little as 15 minutes!
While the image of perfectly seared sausage links might entice you to get outside and fire up the grill, you will be thrilled to learn that this tantalizing meal can be achieved indoors, in any weather condition, 365 days a year. Enter this recipe for Electric Skillet Sausage.
The first step is to select your sausage of choice. The recipe calls for bratwurst specifically, but any variety of sausage will work. Keep in mind that pork sausage such as bratwurst or andouille with often be juicier and more flavorful than other varieties. If you are looking for a lighter alternative, chicken and turkey sausage links are available in most grocery stores and specialty butcher shops.
Leftover links can be refrigerated for a few days, and repurposed for other meals, such as being incorporated into spaghetti sauce, a homemade pizza, or a hearty breakfast scramble. You may even choose to freeze cut up links for future use and serve them as an appetizer at your next dinner party. The possibilities for a simple electric skillet sausage are truly endless and it is worth adding to your weeknight meal rotation.
What is your favorite variety of sausage to cook with? Let us know in the comments below!
Electric Skillet Sausage
- 4 Bratwurst sausages - or your favorite sausage
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil - (canola, peanut, grapeseed, avocado, etc.)
- Mustard, sauerkraut and/or other condiments
- Heat the electric skillet to 325°F. Grease with the cooking oil.
- Add the sausages and cook until browned on all sides and cooked through to an internal temperature of 160°F, about 12-15 minutes total.
- Serve with mustard and sauerkraut on the side, if desired.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.
HUNGRY FOR MORE? TRY OUR:
Or, check out some helpful electric skillet content: Best Electric Skillet Reviews