With the fall season still upon us, everyone is on the lookout for easy and delicious harvest related recipes. This Cinnamon Apple Chips recipe is just that. With only three simple ingredients, you can feel good about sharing this delicious treat with both the young and old among your friends and family.
This recipe brings together the classic autumnal combination of fresh apples and warm cinnamon. With the total prep time clocking in at just one hour, you can bake up these treats last minute for a fall harvest bash or afternoon snack.
These cozy simple treats are sure to be a hit with everyone. Who wouldn’t like the sweet and tart combination of fall apples and yummy cinnamon sugar?
With their simplicity these cinnamon apple chips are the perfect baking project for young hands to help with.
Kids can help select the apples, mix the cinnamon and sugar, coat and place the apple slices, and, of course, taste test! Bag these up for lunches or set them out on the counter for a simple and healthy grab and go bite.
This recipe uses 3 simple ingredients:
- apples - I used green but you can use your favorite type or an assortment (honeycrisp and pink lady also work well)
- ground cinnamon
Pro Tip: A mandolin works handy for slicing the apples thinly. Be sure to use a hand guard when slicing. The thinner the slices, the less time it takes to dehydrate and crisp them up.
How to Make Apple Chips
- Preheat. Preheat oven to 105ºC/225ºF.
- Arrange slices. Arrange the apples slices on a baking sheet.
- Mix. Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle it over the apple slices.
- Bake. Bake in the preheated oven until the apple slices are dried and the edges curl up, about 45 minutes or more.
- Serve. Transfer the apple chips to a wire rack to cool and crisp up. Serve!
Apple chips can be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dark place like a cupboard or pantry for up to 1 week. They can also be frozen for up to 1 year.
What is your favorite apple for baking treats? Consider trying out different types of apple for your cinnamon apple chips and see which type is everyone’s favorite.
If you liked this recipe, please pin it below!
Hungry for more? Try our Red Velvet & White Chocolate Cake Pops
Cinnamon Apple Chips Recipe
- 4 apples - cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 105ºC/225ºF.
- Arrange the apples slices on a baking sheet.4 apples
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle it over the apple slices.2 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Bake in the preheated oven until the apple slices are dried and the edges curl up, about 45 minutes or more.
- Transfer the apple chips to a wire rack to cool and crisp up. Serve!
- Apple chips can be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dark place like a cupboard or pantry for up to 1 week. They can also be frozen for up to 1 year.
- A mandolin works handy for slicing the apples thinly.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.