Irish coffee has become one of the most popular coffee drinks around the world. This smooth, creamy concoction of hot coffee, Irish whiskey, sugar, and cream will fill you with warmth and comfort. Irish coffee is the perfect beverage for snuggling by the fire on a chilly day or relaxing on the sofa after dinner. The best part is, this drink takes just ten minutes to make! Celebrate your St. Patrick's Day on a festive note by preparing yourself this cozy, hot Irish beverage.
Recipe Images by In the Kitch
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 jigger Irish whiskey (1 1/2 ounces or 3 tbsp.)
- Heavy cream, slightly whipped
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Fill a mug with hot water to preheat it, then empty.
- Pour hot coffee into warmed glass.
- Add the brown sugar and stir until completely dissolved.
- Blend in the Irish whiskey.
- Top with whipped heavy cream and garnish with chocolate sprinkles. Enjoy!
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or dipping sauce.
Sipping on an Irish coffee is a fun way to celebrate the Emerald Isle. There is no better day of the year to do so. Its perfect balance of bitter and sweet flavors goes down delightfully smooth! To make your drink even more festive, try adding shamrock sprinkles instead of the chocolate ones! You could also add a few drops of green food dye to your whipped cream for a whimsical topping. Pair your coffee with some potato pancakes, soda bread, or scones for an extra nibble that will bring you the luck of the Irish all day long.
Cheers to my Irish friends!