The sweet blend of cinnamon and sugar are one of the many reasons why churros are so popular throughout the world. The beauty of these tasty treats is that they are easy to make and almost everyone enjoys them.
They pair well with other sweets, making them a perfect choice for special occasions. This recipe showcases a combination that would work well for parties or just as an after-school treat.
Traditional churros are deep-fried. This version is baked so you don’t need to worry about heating up oil or having to drain the excess oil off the finished product. You can find the ingredients in almost any supermarket, and they shouldn’t break the budget.
If you want to change things up a bit, these mini churros go well with other flavors. Serve them with a dipping sauce like melted chocolate, dulce de leche, or guava mixed with cream cheese.
Nutella and peanut butter both go well with the flavor of the churros. You can switch out the raisins or gummy candies for mini cookies or dried fruit.
The churros are best eaten hot and fresh. However, they can be kept for a couple of days in an air-tight container or frozen for later.
Mini Churro Sweetie Mix
- 8.8 oz. pre-rolled frozen puff pastry (1 sheet) - thawed
- ½ tsp. cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup gummy candies
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF.
- Once the pastry sheet has thawed, unfold it.
- Cut the dough into 1 inch-wide strips and then once in half so they are approximately 5 or 6 inches long. (You can use a pizza cutter.)
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl. Make mini rolls with the dough by rolling the strips up. Cover them with the cinnamon sugar.
- Place them on a pan lined with a silicone baking mat. Bake in the preheated oven until golden and baked through, about 15 minutes. Let cool on a baking rack.
- Combine the mini churros with the gummy candies and raisins. Serve.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.
Looking for more desserts? Try our Crème Brûlée with Raspberry Coulis