Cake pop makers might seem like a fairly one-note kitchen contraption, but this only applies if you don’t think outside the box. Truth be told, there are tons of ways to make use of a cake pop maker that you might not even consider until you try it out, at which point you’ll discover some of the most delicious and most convenient takes on recipes that you’ve ever tasted.
We’ve got one of those for you today in the form of our easy puff pastry chicken balls.
A savory-sweet treat made in barely half an hour, these cake pop maker puff pastry chicken balls are the perfect hors d’oeuvre for a party, appetizers before dinner or just a great snack to have between meals.
So long as you’ve got some simple, quality ingredients with which to make them, you’ll be able to whip up these gorgeous goodies without any trouble.
With the convenience of a cake pop maker and the versatility it grants you, you’ll be turning out fantastic dishes like nobody’s business.
One of the great things about this chicken ball recipe is that it can easily be customized to suit your tastes. This version focuses on a delicious mix of nuts and fruits for some crunchy, salty sweetness, but you could easily take things in another direction.
Pot pie, chicken parmesan or any number of other variants work with minimal tweaking thanks in part to the solid foundation the cake pop shape and puff pastry coating provides, plus the hearty taste of chicken throughout each version.
Let’s explore this recipe in depth so you can make these quick and wholesome chicken balls yourself.
What’s your favorite cake pop maker recipe trick? If you’ve got any ideas, let us know.
Cake Pop Maker Puff Pastry Chicken Balls
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough (8 oz.) - thawed
- ½ cup chicken breast - cooked and diced
- ½ cup pears - peeled and diced
- ¼ cup walnuts - finely chopped
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese - finely shredded
- ¼ cup dried cranberries - finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 part mustard
- 2 parts mayo
- Salt and pepper
- Lightly grease the cooking plates of the cake pop maker.
- Mix all of the filling ingredients in a bowl.
- Unroll the puff pastry sheet out and cut out circles (a bit bigger than the holes of your cake pop maker), You can use a small cup or cookie cutter. Alternatively, you can just cut them into about 24 equal squares with a pizza cutter.
- Fill each circle with about one tsp. of the filling and close it up. Shape them into balls with your hands.
- Place them in the preheated cake pop maker and bake for 4 minutes. Flip them over and bake 1 to 2 more minutes, until golden brown all over. (Careful here as the cake pop maker does get hot – you can use heat gloves and a spatula.)
- Let the chicken balls cool for a few minutes, as they will be hot in the center. Mix up the sauce ingredients.
- Serve the Puff Pastry Chicken Balls with the sauce.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.