Easy Skillet S’mores
Want to experience a delicious campsite treat without leaving home? Try our amazing skillet s’mores recipe to take you back to those nights around the fire enjoying the great outdoors.
Everyone loves a smoky s’more from time to time, especially when they’re out camping. Not everyone can just get up and head for the hills whenever they want, though. Tragically, this makes it seem like s’mores are out of reach.
That is, until today. Let’s look at a recipe for skillet s’mores that will take you back to those great memories and great flavors without leaving home.
S’mores don’t have to be reserved exclusively for the campground. If you follow our convenient skillet s’mores recipe, you’ll be eating some of these tasty treats in no time all from your couch.
Thanks to the low and even heating this method provides, you won’t be left with a hard, ruined marshmallow like you’ve likely endured when you tried microwaving them in the past. As long as you can keep the heat within the right temperature range, you shouldn’t even have to fear burning the marshmallow like you do in a more traditional cooking method.
If you’re looking for a slightly more traditional experience with a slab of chocolate instead of melted, it’s perfectly easy to switch things up for that. Before flipping your s’more and adding the second graham wafer, place a square of chocolate on top of the marshmallow before cracker, then flip and continue toasting. Just be careful not to walk off as the chocolate might start to melt out the sides of the s’more onto the skillet if you let it go too long.
If you love s’mores as much as we do, we’re sure you’ll find this skillet s’mores recipe a great way to satisfy that craving when a campfire is out of the question. Any other campfire classics you think we should take a look at? Let us know in the comments.
Easy Skillet S’mores
- 16 graham crackers
- 1 cup dark chocolate - broken into pieces
- 8 marshmallows
- Heat a skillet to low on the stove. Place 8 of the graham wafer crackers into the skillet and then add a marshmallow on top of each. Cover the skillet with a lid (or foil if you don’t have a lid for your skillet) and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the marshmallows begin to melt.
- Place the other 8 crackers on top of the marshmallows, carefully flip them and cook for another minute. Reserve on a baking rack.
- Place the chocolate in a glass bowl and melt it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir it. Continue microwaving it in 20 second intervals and then stirring each time, until fully melted. (The chocolate may not look melted right away, but becomes smooth when stirring, so make sure not to skip the stirring step.)
- Dip the s’mores halfway into the melted chocolate. Place them on a rack and let them rest for 2 hours. Enjoy!!!!!
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.
I am Joss, the creator and editor of In the Kitch. I am inviting you on this food journey with me to learn, grow and bring out that inner chef in you. I hope to inspire you to get creative in your own kitchen!