Nothing warms the heart like freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Give the gift of delicious cookies that’ll last long after the tins of crumbled shortbread have gone stale.
Cookie mix in a jar gives your friends and family a stress free way to make their own homemade cookies and lasting memories.
Finding a creative, handmade gift that your recipient will actually enjoy is no easy feat. However, everyone loves the feeling of finding an easy treat in the cupboard when they’re craving something sweet.
Your friends and family will be especially thankful if you cater the recipe to them. If your grandma loves salty snacks, add a ½ cup of chopped walnuts to her jar. If your nieces and nephews love to bake, add ½ cup of holiday sprinkles for some extra cheer. If your best friend is gluten-free, be sure to substitute the flour for a celiac-friendly version.
This recipes uses vanilla powder so that the person receiving the gift only needs an egg and some butter to bake them up! If, however, you can’t find any powder at the store, you could simply add 1 tsp. vanilla to the instructions. You could even try grinding some vanilla powder yourself.
Chocolate chip cookie mix in a jar is also a great way to get creative. Add some festive paper under the lid or attach a colorful ribbon to brighten up the gift and give it a personal touch.
Here’s a pro-tip: pack down each ingredient carefully so that the layers are neat and attractive.
Who will you gift a jar of soon-to-be hot and gooey chocolate chip cookies?
Food Gift Recipe: Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix in a Jar
- 1 ⅔ cup flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. vanilla powder*
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla powder and salt in a bowl.
- Carefully add the mixture to the mason jar with a spoon. Smooth the top out as flat as you can by giving the jar a gentle shake back and forth.
- Add the brown sugar and flatten with the back of the spoon.
- Add the white sugar and flatten it again.
- Lastly, add the chocolate chips.
- Close the jar and create a label to tie onto the jar with the following instructions:"Preheat the oven to 350ºF.Beat ¾ cup softened butter and 1 large egg in a bowl. Mix until soft and creamy.Add the mason jar dry mix and combine well.Form balls with the cookie dough and place them on a greased cookie sheet.Bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.Let them cool and enjoy!"
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.
Looking to enhance your cooking skills? Check out How to Make Sausage Rolls