The Fourth of July is right around the corner, which means it is almost time for backyard BBQs, firework shows, and hometown parades. If you want 4th of July appetizers that will knock it out of the park, check out these pulled pork sliders.
Sliders have become a favored fair at restaurants and breweries across the country because they can be made so flavorful without leaving you feeling completely stuffed.
With only 15 minutes of prep time, this recipe aims to impress without keeping you stuck in the kitchen all day.
The best part about finger foods for July 4th is that there is something for all taste palettes. These pulled pork sliders pair well with other classic Americana like hot dogs and potato salad.
Mini desserts like this 4th of July Layered Ice Cream Treat are a perfect way to end on a sweet note. Also, once you see how simple it is to make your own flavorful sauce, you will likely question going back to store-bought sauce.
Sliders are a welcome addition to any BBQ or picnic. If you are headed to a BBQ or party where the grill and kitchen will be busy, this dish is perfect. Simply keep the meat warm in the slow cooker, and take along the buns and toppings separately until they are ready to be served. These sliders also reheat well, so the meat can be prepared a couple days ahead of time.
Were these sliders a hit at your Independence Day gathering? Let us know what you thought in the comments!
Pulled Pork Sliders for 4th of July
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast - trimmed of fat
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- ½ cup beer
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
For the Sauce:
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 red onion - sliced
- 1 lemon - squeezed
- Iceberg lettuce
- 16 mini hamburger buns
- Place pork shoulder in slow cooker along with the BBQ sauce, beer, ketchup and brown sugar. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Cook for 4 hours on medium-high.
- Remove from slow cooker and shred using two forks.
- Return to slow cooker and mix well with all of the cooking juices.
- Mix all sauce ingredients together in a bowl. I like to funnel it into a squeeze bottle for serving.
- Just before serving: Marinate the onion slices with the lemon juice in a small bowl for 20 minutes.
- Drain the pulled pork from the cooking liquid (but save it to remoisten the leftovers). Serve the pulled pork on slider buns with lettuce, sauce and onions.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.
LOOKING FOR MORE 4TH OF JULY FOOD IDEAS? TRY OUR: