Bev-Olution Game Plus a Tasty Cocktail Creation
(A social-distancing game – Adults only)
Bev-Olution is a game that I created for the adults in my family, during this time of social distancing. I wanted a way to connect with them and be entertained, from afar of course. I’m going to explain exactly how to play and give you an example of what my family came up with (recipe below)!
By the end of it, you will have your own homemade cocktail creation!
The object of the game is to have some fun and connect while social-distancing! It is for friends and family who are of drinking age. Basically, you are going to take a cocktail recipe and pass it around for each person to make minor adjustments. By the time it gets back to the original person, it will have evolved into your very own group drink creation – good or bad. This is just for fun, so don’t get too serious about it! It’s a lot of fun to see where it ends up.
Try to get at least 3 people involved. The more the better! Start a group text for photos and comments to be shared.
- The first person who starts the game will find a cocktail recipe (we have ideas for you below). They will then:
- Remove 1-2 of the main ingredients from the recipe and add 1-2 different ingredients back in. If this changes the directions of the recipe, please make those changes.
- Give the cocktail a new name.
- Make the cocktail and take a picture of it. Share your photo/recipe in the group text. Tell them the name of it, how it tasted, etc.
- Pass the new recipe onto the next person.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 with each person until it gets back to the original person who started the game.
- Share the final recipe to everyone in the group chat to see how the drink has evolved!
Save the final recipe so that when this time of keeping our distance has passed, you can all a have a toast together with your very own beverage creation!
A Look at Our Game
Need some inspiration? I will show you what we came up with in my family.
We started with this cocktail recipe:
After several transformations, this beverage evolved into:
I have to say, it turned out quite yummy!
Raspberry Twist Cocktail
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 lemon – juiced
- 2 oz. Grand Marnier
- 1 cup white rum
- 1 dash ginger powder
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 cups ice
- 4 cups soda water
- Fresh mint leaves – to garnish
- Lemon twist – to garnish
- Add raspberries, lemon juice, Grand Marnier, rum, ginger powder, sugar and ice into a blender. Purée until smooth.
- Pour the purée into a pitcher.
- Pour the soda water over top and stir gently to combine.
- Muddle a few mint leaves at the bottom of each glass.
- Pour the beverage into glasses over top of the muddled mint. Add more mint and ice, if desired and a twist of lemon peel to garnish.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or dipping sauce.
Are you ready to get creative? How did your final drink turn out? It might be good, it might be bad. The point is that it will be a challenge that will get everyone talking and laughing. Plus, you’ll have a new drink to enjoy together, collectively created by you.
Remember, this is just for fun! If you can’t get your hands on certain ingredients, work with what you do have. These are basic rules that you can adjust to your liking. Let everyone complete it in their own time. We aren’t exactly in a hurry. As always, drink responsibly!
Some cocktails from our recipe box that you can begin with:
- White Wine Sangria with Fresh Peppermint
- Brandy Alexander
- Pumpkin Party Punch
- Strawberry Slushy Margarita
- Hibiscus Cosmo
- Peach Pop Bellini Cocktail
- Creamy Irish Coffee
- Cinnamon Orange Glögg
I would absolutely love to hear how your final creation turned out! How many people were involved? Let us know in the comments.
Another tasty recipe you might enjoy: