As the weather heats up during the summer, there is hardly anything more refreshing than a chilled beverage! If you are on the lookout for a new mojito recipe to try now that it’s the season of backyard parties and pool days, look no further than these tropical Passion Fruit Mojitos.
Most of us have sampled Starbucks’ passion fruit tea at one point or another, but have you tried making your own passion fruit drink?
This recipe explores the tropical sweet flavors of passion fruit, combined with a slight tartness of lime and some spicy ginger to bring something extra fun to the table. With the addition of a bit of sugar, the fizz of soda water, rum, and a mint leaf garnish, your guests are sure to be impressed with these drinks!
This is a big batch recipe that makes about 8 cups of mojitos (a whole pitcher).
- 8-10 passion fruits - Some are more juicy than others so this amount will vary slightly. You'll need about 1 ¼ cup of the purée. Passion is available year round but if for whatever reason you can't get your hands on this sweet fruit, you can substitute it with 2 ripe mangoes (peeled, pitted and puréed).
- white sugar
- ginger powder
- white rum
- ice - crushed
- club soda
- fresh mint leaves - to garnish
How to Make a Passion Fruit Mojito
With only a few steps and about ten minutes of effort, you’ll have a unique and refreshing beverage prepared and ready for your guests. This recipe is simply bursting with flavor and even better, it isn’t a hassle to prepare.
The most effort you’ll need to invest in this drink is merely in scooping out the passion fruit pulp and straining it for the purée. At that point, you’ll simply mix the purée with sugar, ginger, and lime juice, and then pour the rum and club soda over top.
- Prep the passion fruits. Cut passion fruits into halves and scoop out seeds and pulp.
- Strain. Pour the pulp and seeds into a fine metal strainer over top of a mixing bowl. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to push the pulp through the strainer, leaving the seeds behind. This will form a passion fruit purée.
- Combine ingredients in pitcher. Combine sugar, passion fruit purée, ginger powder and lime juice in the bottom of a pitcher. Mix well. Pour the rum, crushed ice and soda water over top and stir gently to combine.
- Serve. Serve immediately in glasses and garnish with mint leaves and extra passion fruit and ice, if desired.
This would be the perfect adult beverage for when you’re craving a little extra kick on a hot summer day!
Did you try this passion fruit mojito recipe? I love making it at least once every summer. Let me know what you think in the comments and please feel free to share the recipe with your friends and family if you enjoyed it.
Passion Fruit Mojitos
- 8-10 passion fruits
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 dash ginger powder
- 2 limes - juiced
- 1 cup white rum
- 2 cups ice - crushed
- 4 cups club soda
- 10 mint leaves
- Cut passion fruits into halves and scoop out seeds and pulp.
- Pour the pulp and seeds into a fine metal strainer over top of a mixing bowl.
- Use a wooden spoon or spatula to push the pulp through the strainer, leaving the seeds behind. This will form a passion fruit purée. You should have about 1 cup to 1 ¼ cup purée.
- Combine sugar, passion fruit purée, ginger powder and lime juice in the bottom of a pitcher. Mix well.
- Pour the rum, crushed ice and soda water over top and stir gently to combine.
- Serve immediately in glasses and top with mint leaves and extra passion fruit and ice, if desired.
- If you don't have passion fruits, this also works with 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted and puréed.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.
HUNGRY FOR MORE? TRY OUR: