This mango ginge cocktail has summer written all over it with its bright fruity flavors paired with dark rum and ginger for some bite. It is inspired by my grilled mango skewer recipe and can be garnished with the mini skewers for a summery cocktail that you and your guests will love.
- dark rum
- lime juice – freshly squeezed
- agave nectar
- mango juice – no sugar added
- fresh ginger
- grilled mango mini skewer + lime wedge or slice – to garnish (optional)
The recipe for this fun cocktail actually comes from the marinade for these grilled mango skewers, with a few tweaks. If you like the spicy bite you get from fresh ginger, you will love this drink!
Serving this drink with the marinated mango and lime slices makes it perfect for summer-themed parties and backyard get-togethers. I suggest pairing it with a main dish such as grilled chicken or halibut tacos and creamy potato or macaroni salad for a side. If you only plan on serving appetizers, these carne asada (grilled meat) nachos would be amazing.
After a long winter with loads of snow, this mango ginge was just what I needed to get me in the mood for hot, summer days! Let me know what you thought of it in the comments and please share the recipe.
Mango Ginge Cocktail
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 teaspoons lime juice - freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- ½ cup mango juice - 100% with no added sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger - finely grated
- grilled mango mini skewer1 + lime wedge or slice - to garnish (optional)
- Fill a cocktail glass with ice.
- Add the dark rum, lime juice, agave nectar, mango juice and ginger. Stir until combined.
- Add the garnishes. Serve!
- Use our grilled mango recipe for the garnish. Instead of the full size skewers, use mini skewers for this drink.
- The nutrition information does not include the garnish.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.