Craving the warm and fuzzy feeling you get from a bowl of soup? Try your hand at one of the most popular soups made to date – tomato soup! Our roasted tomato soup recipe is easy to make, full of flavor, and sure to satisfy your craving no matter the occasion.
This recipe is great for entertaining guests – or for freezing and keeping it all to yourself. Whatever the case may be, this recipe will be one that you want to print off and keep in your drawer or recipe book for a go-to meal.
Want to take your roasted tomato soup to the next level? Consider throwing a slice of cheese in between your pieces of rye bread and grilling it in your skillet! Nothing says comfort food like dipping a golden brown grilled cheese triangle into your soup in between spoonfuls.
Or, you can simply customize the recipe by adding a few secret ingredients of your own. Feeling spicy? Toss in some red pepper flakes for a heat boost. Feeling cheesy? Pull out shredded cheddar or mozzarella and sprinkle some on top for some extra gooey goodness.
Did this soup warm you up? If you enjoyed it, please let us know in the comments!
Roasted Tomato Soup
- 2 lbs. tomatoes - cut in half
- 2 garlic cloves - chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. thyme - chopped
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ¾ cup vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 to 2 tsp. agave nectar - optional
- Fresh thyme
- 2 rye bread slices
- Preheat oven to 170ºF.
- Prepare a baking sheet by covering it with foil. Place the tomatoes and garlic on the foil and sprinkle with olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until browned.
- Let them cool and remove the skin (this will allow the soup to be smoother).
- Place tomatoes and garlic in a pot. Add paprika and vegetable broth and heat until boiling.
- Remove from heat, let it cool, and process in a blender until soft.
- Season again with salt and pepper to taste, as well as the agave nectar if using.
- Serve with toasted bread and fresh thyme.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.