This glazed tofu with snap peas is an excellent weeknight vegetarian dinner. The sweet, sour and spicy flavor from the glaze really kicks the tofu up a notch! It takes about 30 minutes total to prepare, which includes marinating time and only 10 minutes of actual cooking time in an electric skillet.
This recipe is perfect for adding some meatless dinners into your week, or providing new inspiration for an already vegetarian household. As with most electric frying pan recipes, this one is great for road trips in the RV as well.
Tofu is a delicious, low calorie meat alternative that still provides an ample amount of protein for a well rounded meal. Paired with fresh sautéed vegetables and herbaceous cilantro, this meal is excellent for anyone wanting to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Tofu cooks quickly and easily in an electric skillet making for a convenient dinner option.
This recipe can easily be made vegan by substituting the honey in the marinade for agave nectar, maple syrup, or a little white sugar.
It’s best enjoyed immediately but leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator and reheated again for up to 4 to 5 days.
Did you enjoy this electric skillet tofu stir fry? Let me know in the comments and please share the recipe!
Electric Skillet Glazed Tofu with Snap Peas
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon ginger - grated
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 cups extra firm tofu - cubed
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil - divided
- 2 cups snap peas
- 1 cup carrot - shredded
- ½ cup red cabbage - shredded
- fresh cilantro leaves - to garnish
- Mix the rice vinegar, honey, soy sauce, ginger and Sriracha in a small bowl.2 tablespoons rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, ½ tablespoon ginger, 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- Add the cubed tofu to a zip-top bag. Pour sauce mixture over tofu. Let as much air out of the bag as you can, seal it and massage gently to coat. Let it soak for around 10 minutes.2 cups extra firm tofu
- Heat electric skillet to 375ºF.
- Remove the tofu from the sauce (reserve the sauce). Add 1 tablespoon sesame oil to the electric skillet. Add the tofu and fry until golden brown on each side, about 6 minutes. Remove the tofu from the skillet and reserve.
- Heat another tablespoon of sesame oil in the skillet and stir fry the vegetables for 3-5 minutes, until crisp-tender.2 cups snap peas, 1 cup carrot, ½ cup red cabbage
- Turn off the skillet heat. Add the reserved tofu and sauce. Mix well.
- Serve topped with cilantro. It can be served on its own or over rice or quinoa.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.