Get your pumpkin pie fix in a new way with this pumpkin martini! Cooler autumn nights call for fresh new recipes and it is the perfect new drink to try as you usher in the season.
Irish crème liqueur, spiced rum, and pumpkin purée blend beautifully in this delightful pumpkin pie-flavored cocktail. A rim of sweet, spiced graham cracker crumbs resembles a pie crust and mingles with the drink with every sip.
This pumpkin spice martini is incredibly easy to make and utilizes many ingredients that you likely already have in your kitchen this time of year. Once you have your ingredients gathered, it takes less than five minutes to prepare the drink itself.
The simplicity and fun factor make it one of the best cocktail options for dinner parties and other small gatherings. Plus, it looks and smells amazing–no need to put a pie in the oven for those classic autumn aromas.
For the Rim:
The rim we’ve put together gives a similar taste and texture to the ‘crust’ part of the pumpkin pie.
- graham cracker crumbs
- brown sugar
- pumpkin pie spice
- maple syrup
If you’d like a more detailed look at how to rim a cocktail glass, check out our post here.
For the Martini:
- Irish cream liqueur
- spiced rum
- pumpkin purée
- vanilla extract
- pumpkin pie spice
- whipped cream topping – this is optional. If you like your pumpkin pie with a whipped cream topping than you’ll like it on top of this martini!
How to Make it
Get ready to enjoy yet another unique take on pumpkin spice, with a boozy twist!
Step 1: Rim the Glass
Combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice on a plate that is wider than the martini glass. Pour the maple syrup onto a separate plate. Dip the rim of the martini glass into the maple syrup. Then, roll it into the graham cracker mixture to coat it.
Step 2: Mix the Drink
Pour the Irish cream liqueur, spiced rum, vodka, pumpkin purée, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice in a cocktail shaker. Fill it with ice.
Step 3: Shake
Cover and shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Strain into the prepared martini glass.
Step 4: Serve
Top the drink with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired. Sprinkle with some more pumpkin spice and serve!
This recipe can be a good way to use up leftover pumpkin pie filling from baking all of your favorite fall treats. Simply use the canned filling in place of the purée (as long as you didn’t add other ingredients like eggs to it, of course).
Plain vodka is one of the ingredients for this recipe, however, you could get creative with using different flavors in your martini. It is often possible to find cinnamon, vanilla, or even pumpkin spice-flavored vodka.
A splash of heavy cream is another option that adds a more dessert-like feel to your pumpkin pie martini. You may also add a cinnamon stick as a garnish and stirrer.
If you want to get extra fancy, try freezing dollops of whipped cream on a piece of parchment or wax paper beforehand. When you are ready to serve your drinks, remove the frozen whipped cream dollops from the freezer and place them on top. The frozen topping will help keep the drink cold while also slowly melting into the cocktail as you drink.
If you are crushing whole graham crackers for the rim instead of buying a box of premade crumbs, follow these easy steps:
- Simply toss the crackers into a gallon-sized storage bag.
- Use a rolling pin or your hand to gently crush the crackers into fine crumbs.
- You can then add the additional dry ingredients for your rim and shake the bag until they are mixed well.
You can store extra crumbs in an airtight container until the next time you’re in the mood to whip up fall cocktails.
The cocktail shaker can get very cold from the ice. If this will be a problem for you, wear some gloves.
Did you enjoy this pumpkin pie in a glass? Let me know in the comments what you thought!
Pumpkin Martini Recipe
For the Rim:
- 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
For the Martini:
- 2 ounces Irish cream liqueur
- 1 ½ ounces spiced rum
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ½ tablespoons pumpkin purée
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice - plus more for garnish
- whipped cream topping - optional
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice on a plate that is wider than the martini glass.2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pour the maple syrup onto a separate plate.1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Dip the rim of the martini glass into the maple syrup. Then, roll it into the graham cracker mixture to coat it.
- Pour the Irish cream liqueur, spiced rum, vodka, pumpkin purée, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice in a cocktail shaker. Fill it with ice.2 ounces Irish cream liqueur, 1 ½ ounces spiced rum, 1 ounce vodka, 1 ½ tablespoons pumpkin purée, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Cover and shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Strain into the prepared martini glass.
- Top the drink with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired. Sprinkle with some more pumpkin spice and serve!
- Nutrition information does not include the graham cracker rim because it is optional and too difficult to determine how much will be used on each glass–this will vary.
Nutrition information on In the Kitch is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It may not include toppings and/or sauces.
HUNGRY FOR MORE? TRY OUR: